Julianna Kun is a graduate of the John Abbott College Professional Theatre Acting Program, where she received her DEC with honours. She was also the recipient of the departmental award for excellence in acting. Julianna had been performing in the Montreal independent theatre community since graduating in 2008. She has worked with such notable companies as Persephone Productions (Henry V, Far From the Madding Crowd) The Montreal Shakespeare Theatre Company (Titus Andronicus), Left of Centre Theatre Company (Aladdin: A Pantomime), and Kaleidoscope Theatre Montreal (The Tempest) to name a few. Her passion and dedication for the art of acting is infectious. There’s nothing Miss Kun enjoys more than introducing enthusiastic newcomers to the joys and spectacle of live theatre. Recently she has been prepering to direct her first play “And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie that will be presented by The Lakeshore Players.
John Abbott College, Professional Theatre Program (3 Year Intensive Actor Training Program, 2005-2008) Recipient: Departmental Acting Award
Broadway and classical voice training
Classical acting skills
Cartoon style voices, Dialect: British RP, Cockney, Hampshire
Selection of performances (selection):
- The Tempest – Ceres/Master – Kaleidoscope Theatre
- Far From the Madding Crowd – Mrs. Hurst/Maryann – Persephone Productions
- Titus Andronicus – Caius – Montreal Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Henry V – Hostess Quickly/Alice – Persephone Productions
- Aladdin: A Pantomime – Flung Dung – Left of Centre Theatre Co.
- Suddenly Last Summer – Miss Foxhill – Village Scene Productions
- Elektra – Electra – John Abbott College
- Romeo and Juliet – Nurse/ Prince – John Abbott College
- You Can’t Take It With You – Penelope Sycamore – John Abbott College
Directing: “And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie – presented by The Lakeshore Players